Category: BIOS Driver
Operating System: Windows XP (Note: might work with other versions of this os.)
Procomp BST1M-E BIOS v1.4
Manufacturers: Procomp, PCTel, SiS
Chipset: SiS 630/730 v2.02
Award Modular BIOS v6.00 PG
BIOS ID: SiS-630-6A6IRPNAC-00
BIOS date: 03/29/2000
Five steps to update your BIOS:
1. Make a pure DOS boot diskette (without emm386.exe or similar). A good formatter is DrDOS (drdos703.exe, 214 Kb), especially if you're running Win XP. Download it at: http://www.biosmods.com/download/bootdisk/drdos703.exe. After formatting usually hidden system files are: autoexec.bat, command.com, ibmbio.com and ibmdos.com.
2. Copy awdflash.exe (32.2 Kb) and t1me1400.bin (256 Kb) to diskette.
3. Restart system and boot from diskette.
4. Run awdflash.exe. If you're not some kind of nerd or geek, the easiest, fastest and safest way is by pressing Alt + F2. Let it go by itself. In a few seconds the work will be done!
5. Remove floppy and restart again.
PS: If you're too much distrustful, before upadting explore the floppy you've just made. Open a command prompt window and type awdflash. Then you'll see an error message. Never fear. Flash writers don't work on Win XP environment.
Digital scribe & paper reporter